Posts Tagged Journals
On July 29, 2015 Scopus launched an open access (OA) indicator for journals indexed in Scopus. The indicator allows users to easily identify open access journals within Scopus via the ‘Browse Sources’ link. This link provides an alphabetical list of all journals, book series, trade publications and conference proceedings available in Scopus.
How to search for open access journals in Scopus:
Option 1 (see image 1 below)
- In the Browse box, click on the drop-down menu next to ‘Subject Area’ to select your subject area of choice
- Also in the Browse box, tick the ‘Open Access’ check box: ‘Display only Open Access Journals’
- Click on ‘Display Sources.’ This search will yield only open access journals which cover your search topic
- Open access journals are indicated with an orange open access label
Image 1: Options in ‘Browse Sources’ to search for open access journals
- If you know the title of the open access journal you are looking for, click on the first letter of the open access journal’s title in the Alphabet box, below the Browse Box (see Image 2 below)
- You can identify an open access journal by the orange open access label on the results page
- In the Search box (see Image 2 below), click on the drop-down menu and select the Title, ISSN or Publisher you are looking for
- The orange open access label will appear when the title is open access
Image 2: Search open access journals title using the “alphabet” box
Scopus updates the OA journal list (part of the Scopus Title list) three to four times a year. This time lapse may lead to minor and temporary discrepancies in the OA journal status.
Watch a video to learn more
This section of Physical Therapy Web attempts to present a comprehensive list of sites which are either print journals or journals which exist purely online. All journals within this list have a somewhat direct connection with the field of Physical Therapy / physiotherapy. If you are aware of a publication that is missing from this list, please let us know.