Posts Tagged Neuropsychological intervention
Virtual Reality for Psychological and Neurocognitive Interventions
Part of the Virtual Reality Technologies for Health and Clinical Applications book series (VRTHCA)
Table of contents
About this book
This exciting collection tours virtual reality in both its current therapeutic forms and its potential to transform a wide range of medical and mental health-related fields. Extensive findings track the contributions of VR devices, systems, and methods to accurate assessment, evidence-based and client-centered treatment methods, and—as described in a stimulating discussion of virtual patient technologies—innovative clinical training. Immersive digital technologies are shown enhancing opportunities for patients to react to situations, therapists to process patients’ physiological responses, and scientists to have greater control over test conditions and access to results. Expert coverage details leading-edge applications of VR across a broad spectrum of psychological and neurocognitive conditions, including:
- Treating anxiety disorders and PTSD.
- Treating developmental and learning disorders, including Autism Spectrum Disorder,
- Assessment of and rehabilitation from stroke and traumatic brain injuries.
- Assessment and treatment of substance abuse.
- Assessment of deviant sexual interests.
- Treating obsessive-compulsive and related disorders.
- Augmenting learning skills for blind persons.
Readable and relevant, Virtual Reality for Psychological and Neurocognitive Interventions is an essential idea book for neuropsychologists, rehabilitation specialists (including physical, speech, vocational, and occupational therapists), and neurologists. Researchers across the behavioral and social sciences will find it a roadmap toward new and emerging areas of study.